Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Large Group!

We had our first RUF large group of the year last night and I think it was a huge success!  I think we counted 60 students!

This week was a lot of firsts for RUF at UAB:
First week in a new, bigger room in Heritage Hall,
first time with a leadership/ministry team,
first time to have more than 30ish students attend (and we doubled!),
first time to have a totally student-led worship team,
first time with an intern (yay),
and the students got to finally find out that Joe and Melissa are having a girl!

After we met, we hung around and had ice cream and played kickball.  I think everyone had a fun time and it was good for me to finally see the group all together.

I'm so excited for the week ahead with small groups starting up and lots of hang out times with freshmen girls already planned!

In other news, I finally went grocery shopping....

P.S. I'm supposed to write a short bio for the website-- anybody have any good ideas?

3 comments: