Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Study Program

Part of the internship involves doing a study program-- usually two books a month and book reports on each. So for July, I'm finishing up Putting Amazing Back into Grace, by Michael Horton, and The Enduring Community, by Brian Habig and Les Newsom.

My favorite of the two was Enduring Community because its on the subject of the Church. The authors go into what the Bible says about Church and why we need it so much. I found it really helpful because questions of how to do church, and whether or not it's important is kind of a hot topic with college kids. There are lots of ideas out there about "reinventing church" and this book really answered a lot of those controversies, and more importantly, put Christ at the center of the discussion. It also helped that one of the authors is my pastor from Greenville and I think he's awesome and his church was one of the best parts of my last two years at Furman.

Support update: As of today, I've raised, $18,003 and need to raise $9,515 to move to Birmingham. Please consider being a part of this ministry by giving!

In the words of Tracy Tina of youtube fame,
"Peace and blessins, peace and blessins"

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment