Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just for fun!

Sometimes this blog is really serious.... I'm going to post today to share some things I'm really thankful for!

1. Starbucks and Mary Beth Moore.  She's sat with me twice this week as I read for the study program, make phone calls, and waste time on the internet.  What a friend! I'm so thankful for you, MB, and for our mothers' friendship that keeps us connected when we get bad at keeping up with each other!

2. DIY blogs. Very rarely do I actually get around to making anything that I see, but it's cool to think that I could be a crafty person.

3. Books that I don't have to read. Oh, thank you, summer, for reconnecting me to one of my favorite past times ever! Let's keep this up past August this time.

4. Daniel 3! Have you read this recently? I know we all heard the story in Sunday School, but verse 25 gives me chills when I read it now. King Nebuchadnezzar saw one "with the appearance like a son of the gods" walking around in the fire with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Let's take a second and imagine what that might have been like.

No comments:

Post a Comment