Saturday, February 5, 2011

Soweto!

Hi friends!

Internet access has proved more difficult to come by than expected, but I've found an internet cafe at a mall.  I'm currently on a homestay in Soweto, and my homestay sister Mbali is sitting with me.  She's shown me all over Jo-burg and her township of Soweto.  I also have a homestay brother named Nathi and when you pronounce it, it sounds like "Naughty" which is so appropriate.  On Thursday we took a bike tour around Soweto which was awesome because the township has rich history and culture.  Unfortunately, I am very sunburned (Sorry Mom.  I haven't gotten sick though!). 

Love you guys and miss you! Thank you so much for the notes stuck in all parts of my suitcase.  You are too good to me Hannah Keuhnert. Keep sleeping in my bed.

Laura

3 comments:

  1. Baw, lil Laur I miss you so much! Thanks for updating, despite the difficult internet situation. I'm so so happy you have this opportunity. Soak it all in and write down as much as you can -- you don't want to forget any of it! Praying for you<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah is quiet like you... Tenderfoot understudy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good to hear from you laura ann!!! missing you like crazy, but so excited about all your adventures. ride an ostrich for me (and stop eating them, they are cute)

    ReplyDelete